Friday 23 January 2015

My Favourite Makeup Brushes and Tools

I own far too many makeup brushes, but in my two-pot collection I definitely have some firm favourites that I reach for every morning no matter what look I’m going for. 


Eco Tools Bamboo Powder Brush

I don’t think Eco Tools get enough credit, but their brushes are really soft. I love using it with Mineral Foundation and swirling and buffing it into the skin.


Real Techniques Contour Brush (From the Core Collection Kit)

I don’t know how I managed to contour before I splurged on the Real Techniques Core Collection and the Contour brush came into my life. This is perfect for sculpting below the cheekbones. 


Generic Fluffy Eye Brush

This came as part of a set on eBay, which was one of my best bargain finds! I think this is supposed to be for eyeshadow but I love using this for blending brightening concealer under the eyes, under and between my eyebrows and down my nose. It’s just the right size to be precise but get everything done quickly.


Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush (From the Starter Set)

This one’s for blending eyeshadow all over the lid. I like to use this with lighter colours to start off my look before adding definition with the Crown Contour Brush.


Real Techniques Duo Fibre Contour Brush (From the Duo Fibre Set)

I bought the Duo Fibre set hoping to use the face brush for mineral powder. I didn’t get on with it, but I love the blush brush. I don’t like going over the top with blush so this is perfect for not picking up too much product so I can build it up easily.


Crown Contour Brush

This came as part of a set that isn’t available anymore, but it looks very similar to a lot of crease brushes that are out at the moment. They’re great for adding in a darker edge on a smokey eye. I can’t do my eye makeup look without them now!


Superdrug Eyelash Curler

Yes, it’s £1.99. Yes, it’ the best eyelash curler I’ve bought on the High Street.


Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge

Mine’s looking a bit worse for wear now – I keep meaning to grab a spare but apparently they’re not as soft anymore? I love the Real Techniques Buffing Brush too, but the sponge works better for the Revlon Colorstay Foundation which is what I reach for the most. It blends foundation into my skin perfectly and lets me build up multiple layers for better coverage.


It looks like my favourite brushes are the ones that add details and finishing touches while blending things out enough to look natural. What are your favourite tools in your kit?

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!