Wednesday 7 January 2015

An Ode to the Lush Ultrabland Cleanser


I can’t remember how I first stumbled upon the Lush Ultrabland Cleanser, but it’s had some good reviews already and even has the approval of Caroline Hirons. Some people reckon it’s a bit basic because of the lack of perfume or other fancy fillers – but if you have any problems with sensitive skin, that’s exactly the kind of stuff you’re looking to avoid. Just to fill you in, I have dry/dehydrated/sensitive skin with some major redness on my cheeks, that tends to feel itchy and tight most of the time. Most cleansers feel quite stripping and leave my face looking flushed.

The pot looks deceptively small, but the lovely sales assistant in Lush told me that because you only need such a small amount that her own pot had lasted her six months. I doubt my own pot will last quite that long but if it’s even half that time, I’ll be very happy. The cleanser has a thick, balmy texture that smells a little odd (but not offensive) due to the lack of perfume, and feels lovely on the skin. The first time I washed this off, I was amazed that my skin felt hydrated, which never happens after I use a cleanser. My skin looked calmer, and after using it for the last few days I’ve noticed that my skin looks noticeably less red after using it. And yes – it works on eye makeup too, without stinging.

This stuff is amazing. It has my full approval. If you have sensitive skin and want a luxurious balm cleanser that won’t irritate, I would highly recommend giving this a try.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!