Friday 17 April 2020

Lottie London Freckle Tint Review


I’ve seen other influencers experiment with faux freckles, and found the perfect product to try it for myself.

As a redhead, I’m lucky enough to be blessed with natural freckles – but I love medium-full coverage foundation, so they’re usually covered by the time I’ve finished my makeup. From time to time, I like to draw a few faux freckles to bring them back. Previously I used an eyebrow pencil for this, but I was intrigued by the Lottie London Freckle Tint*. I’ve been using the product for a few weeks now, so I wanted to share my routine for creating natural-looking freckles.



How to use the Freckle Tint.

I like to use the Lottie London Freckle Tint* after the rest of my base is finished and set into place. I start under my eyes, where my natural freckles are most prominent, and go over some of my pre-existing freckles and then add new ones underneath. The product is a bit like an orangey-brown coloured eyeliner pen, so I dot it very lightly. To make my freckles look as natural as possible, I try to make a variety of smaller and larger ones, and dot some closer together and some further apart.

When I’ve painted enough freckles for the applicator to feel a little drier, it’s time to blend the freckles out. I do this by tapping over everything verrrrry carefully with my finger. If the freckles are still looking a bit too harsh, I just grab whatever sponge I used to blend in my foundation, and dab it over the top. It takes a bit of practice, so I’d advise dotting some freckles on the back of your hand first – but you’ll get the hang of it in no time.

Want to see the Freckle Tint in action? I used it in the GRWM video below:

How it looks.

I always love how my freckles look when I wear the Freckle Tint. The colour looks a little warmer in comparison to my real freckles, but once the look is finished it’s hard to notice any difference.

I’ve really been enjoying using the Freckle Tint, it’s a great finishing touch for my makeup. I find that it really helps my full coverage foundations look more natural and looks great in the warmer months. Sure, you can use an eyebrow pencil to draw freckles on and get a similar effect, but personally I find this method quicker and easier.

Have you ever experimented with faux freckles? Let me know in the comments.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!