Monday 18 April 2016

Overnight Makeup Bag

Overnight Travel Makeup Bag

Don’t get overly excited when you see the title of this post: I didn’t go on holiday or on some other adventure… I was travelling to my grandma’s house. I know. Wild.


Anyway, I was staying the night and needed a few things for my face the next morning, and I was surprised at how little makeup I packed. As you can see from the pictures, my makeup bag would have had more than enough room for an eyeshadow palette, or a different lip option, but what can I say? Lately, when it comes to beauty, I’ve been pretty lazy. 

Here are the key products from my makeup bag:

When I first tried the Max Factor Miracle Match Foundation I thought it was alright but nothing special – however, for the last couple of weeks it’s been my go-to base product. I’ve been taking acne medication for a few months and it’s got rid of the majority of my spots, though it has left my skin drier and pretty red. This foundation is perfect for that. I also packed the Soap and Glory Kick Ass Powder to set everything.

When I opt for a light base I tend to avoid contouring and pink blush as it can emphasise my blotchy skin, instead I use a orange-toned blush like the Essence Silky Touch Blush in 40 Natural Beauty. I like to use it with an angled brush to sculpt my face and add a little colour at the same time.

For eyebrows it’s the same Rimmel Professional Brow Pencil and L’Oreal Brow Artist Plumper that I use in every single tutorial I do, so I won’t bang on about why I love them. I haven’t been doing anything dramatic with my eyes, either. I packed one eyeshadow: the Essence Eyeshadow in 19 The Grammy Goes Glammy, to wash all over the lid, and the H&M Eyeliner in Over The Taupe which I love to smudge on the outer corner, and then some eyelash curlers and the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara… because what other mascara would I take?

I only packed one lipstick. My lips have been fairly dry recently, so I’ve been reaching for my Max Factor Colour Collections Lipstick in Rosewood as it’s a lovely comforting formula in a creamy finish.

I think if you’re only away for one night there’s no need to pack your entire makeup collection. Let me know what your essentials are when you travel!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!