Monday 9 February 2015

Haircut Inspiration

I don’t know if it’s the colder weather making my hair dry, or the DIY ombre I did a few months ago (probably the latter) but recently my hair has felt damaged, and I’m finding it harder to make it look decent. I’ve tried leaving coconut oil overnight a few times which normally does the trick, but I think my hair is due for a chop. Here are the places I've been looking for inspiration...

Mid-Length Haircut Pinterest Board

You can see scrolling through this that my preferences change daily, but at the moment I’m pinning a lot of shoulder-length layered styles. One of my favourite things to do on extremely lazy days is try on celebrity styles on Daily Makeover, which I would highly recommend if you have your eye on a particular haircut before you get it done.

Youtuber’s and Other Bloggers

I spend a lot of time watching beauty videos on Youtube and reading beauty blogs online as well as working on my own, so it’s no surprise that other bloggers and vloggers are a big influence for me. Over the past year or so I’ve seen a few favourite guru’s go shorter, and I think it’s subconsciously edged me towards a shorter length… then again, it’s also what influenced me to try to replicate a balyage style by myself with a box of L’Oreal Glam Highlights, so maybe it’s not always such a good thing.

Old Photographs

Funnily enough, the haircut I’m thinking of getting is one I had a couple of years ago. I found a Polaroid (the square one on the bottom right of the image above) with the exact length I had in mind. I think this would have been taken either at the end of my Bachelor’s Degree or the start of my Master’s Degree, so it must have been two or three years ago. I could still curl it like I do now, but I also remember it being much healthier back then, and I could get away with wearing it naturally if I wanted to without it frizzing too much. Sigh.

Where do you go for inspiration when you’re thinking of getting a haircut? (Or am I the only one who thinks about it this much…?)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!