Monday 11 July 2016

A Few Favourites

There are a few things that I’ve really been enjoying for the past few weeks, so I thought I’d put them all into one post.


Irresistible Me Diamond Hair Styler

I've been testing the Irresistible Me Diamond Hair Styler (gifted) recently. Now that I’ve got the hang of it, I’m in love. When I have second-day hair and my curls need a touch-up before filming a video, this is much quicker than a hairdryer and leaves my hair looking shiny and smooth.


Superdrug Simply Pure Serum

I think I’m the only person who’s skin actually gets drier in the summer. I’m not sure why, as I drink plenty of water – my only theory is that despite smothering my skin in SPF I’m still a little sensitive to the sun. So I make sure that I still apply a serum every morning and evening as well as my moisturiser. Since my favourite Aloe serum from The Bodyshop was discontinued, I’ve been really struggling to find a replacement – until Superdrug released their Simply Pure Serum. Cheap as chips, but it’s perfect.


Primark Lipliner

I bought a Primark lipliner a few months ago because it was a bargain – it doesn’t have a shade name, but it’s a really nice peach-nude colour. When I got home and tried it I thought it didn’t suit me and tucked it away in a drawer; but maybe my taste in lip colour changes with the seasons, as I recently dug it out and fell in love. If you want to have a closer look, I’m using it in an upcoming tutorial soon.

Another thing I’ve been loving from Primark is their sunglasses. I’ve spoken a few times now about being on antidepressants, and one of the side effects is that I seem to be much more sensitive to sunlight and prone to headaches than I used to be. Wearing sunglasses really helps, so I’ve started taking them with me every time I go out. I got a few pairs from Primark that were £2/£3 each, so I can have a bit of variety without breaking the bank.


Makeup Revolution Ultra Bronze

Just in case you couldn’t tell by my review and it’s appearance in a recent tutorial, I’ve also been loving the Makeup Revolution Ultra Bronze. It’s great to sculpt the face and use as a quick wash of colour or crease shade on the eyelid. The shade and pigmentation are pretty spot on for someone with my skin tone. This is the first bronzer I’ve ever bought, and I don’t feel the need to try anything else.


What have you been loving recently? 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!