Monday, 30 November 2015

Konjac Sponge First Impressions


When Konjac Sponge Co contacted me and asked me to try out their Angel Face Cloth* and Limited Edition Pore Refiner Sponge*, I was rather intrigued. As regular readers will know, I have dry/dehydrated skin with acne (quite possibly the worst combination to treat) and am prone to redness and breakouts. I don't normally use exfoliating sponges or exfoliating anything for that matter, but Konjac sponges are much softer and more gentle than a typical harsh sponge. Not to mention that when they contacted me I was having some pretty serious breakouts, and frankly wanted all the help I could get. When I first tried the Angel Face Cloth and the Pore Refiner Sponge I was amazed that they made my skin look brighter and reduced the size of my pores - but without leaving my face dry and tight.

I like to use their Angel Face Cloth first after I've taken my makeup off to gently exfoliate my whole face. Even though it doesn't require a separate cleanser to work, I've been using mine with Coconut Oil, which is perfect for this time of year when my skin gets more dull. I just rinse it under warm water and buff the cloth over my face in gentle circular motions. Then I reach for the Pore Refiner Sponge as a finishing touch on my areas of acne around my cheeks and jaw, and then around my nose where my pores get a bit bigger. Then I use my normal serum and moisturiser.

I've only been using this for a week but I've already noticed a difference in the look of my skin, everything is so much brighter and smoother and it's made my acne much more manageable. I've really noticed a difference when I put on my makeup in the mornings, my foundation is looking so much better and I don't have to put as much concealer on my spots anymore! I think I'm hooked.

*This post contains PR samples.

I always read and reply to comments! Say hello!