Monday, 7 September 2015

The September Playlist


Music is a really big part of my life, so I thought it would be fun to start writing about what I listen to. If you follow me on Twitter, you might have spotted that I post my #songoftheday when I have a song stuck in my head, and I fancied sharing some of my favourite tracks over here, too. My music taste is varied, but this month's playlist has definitely been a rock/indie kind of vibe, inspired by what I've been listening to on XFM and BBC Radio 1. 



I've been loving Brandon Flower's new album The Desired Effect and every single he's released from it, but this particular song has been stuck in my head on more than one occassion. Give it about thirty seconds for the beat to kick in, and then you'll fall in love with it. Trust me.



This is an ultimate summer track for me, but I'll still be listening to it on repeat as we go into Autumn. If you like tracks that you can really belt out, this is the one for you.



I've loved a few tracks from Everything Everything's album Get to Heaven, but for me the single Spring/Summer/Winter/Dread turned it from an album I liked to an album I loved. I love it for long walks as the beat to this is perfect for a sudden energy boost.


When I found out one of my favourite Youtuber's - Helen Anderson - had a band, I knew I had to check it out. They're incredible! You have to listen to their single The Island, Helen's voice is amazing. If you look up the video of them performing at the stage of SitC, you'll be seriously impressed.



I don't think Running Away by Swiss Lips is *that* new but I discovered it recently on Zoe London's video (which I've shown above, as I couldn't find the song anywhere else on Youtube). Been loving their album ever since.

I've also been loving a track called Make It Up by Tizrah. She must be pretty new on the scene because I can't find her on Youtube, but you can listen to her over here.

What tracks have you been loving?

I always read and reply to comments! Say hello!