Monday, 1 June 2015

The Five Product Face


May wasn't a big makeup month for me - I was ill for most of it and it really ruined my skin, making it dry and break out. Most of the time I didn't wear makeup at all in the hope of giving it some breathing space. Of course there were times were I wanted to look a bit more polished, so I got a five minute technique with five products that made the world of difference. If you like fuss-free makeup for busy days or generally just have better things to do in the morning, this is for you.

I'd start by dotting some of the Stay Time Concealer over the red areas of my skin, under my eyes, down my nose, and over blemishes. This is creamy concealer is the perfect shade of pale for me, making it really easy to blend everywhere with my fingers for some light coverage where I needed it.

I've loved this powder for a long time and I rarely use anything else now. It's not cakey but lasts for the longest time, plus it's great for chucking in a handbag for touch ups. I've been using it for most of 2015 but somehow still not hit pan yet.

On a five-minute makeup day, lightly filling in my eyebrows is good enough for me. This has been a favourite product since this blog started so I won't bore you with why I love it yet again, but whatever makeup I do this always makes the cut.

Believe it or not, this stuff actually looks better if you only use one coat instead of my usual two. Mascara is always the bit that takes the longest time for me but it's totally worth it as my natural lashes are practically invisible.

I'm not always a lipgloss person, but lately I've found they're great for dry lip days to add a bit of hydration and a wash of colour. I've been opting for this pink sparkly one from Seventeen (sorry, no shade name as it came in a gift set) but I really want to try a few other formulas! Let me know in the comments if there's a non-sticky lipgloss you love.

Do you have a go-to look when you only have a few minutes to get ready?

1 comment:

  1. It's so hot makeup just slides off, going to try the 5 product face :) x
    http://insaneaboutmakeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete