Monday, 22 June 2015

Girl's Night FOTD



Just in case you needed further evidence that my blog is slowly turning into an archive of selfies, I thought I'd do a FOTD post. This is a look I did when my BFF was popping round in the evening. We weren't going anywhere, but I just felt like putting on a pretty face. That's just my "thing" for casual night's in - putting effort into my face and hair was a nice juxtaposition again the baggy shirt, comfy jeans and fluffy slippers I was wearing from the shoulders down.

I've really been feeling a glowing base, silver-toned eyes, and nineties lips lately. My skin seems to have erupted in hormonal spots while being incredibly dry over the last week, so I've been reaching for my reliable Gosh CC Cream in 01 Porcelain to even things out while giving me a lovely glow. I love applying it with my hands as I get a bit more coverage and don't have to use as much product, which is handy as I think I'm running out of it. I've never finished a foundation before so if I make it to the end of the tube I think that'll speak for how much I love using this.

For the eyes I used another old favourite, the I Heart Makeup Death By Chocolate Palette - but I've been loving the cooler colours recently, whereas previously I always used to be a gold-eyed girl. The colours Set Me Free and Tease Me are my current go-to shades, both shimmery silver colours that add a slight pink sparkle to the eye.

I really need to get round to writing a separate blog post on my favourite nineties lip picks because I have so many at the moment, but on this occasion I used the Essence Longlasting Lipstick in 05 Cool Nude, which is a lovely, buildable pink-brown that will suit most complexions. Kylie Jenner would love it.

I've been wearing this look a lot recently, it's something that can be built up or toned down depending on the occasion. Have you got any other product recommendations for silver eyes and nineties lips?


I always read and reply to comments! Say hello!