Wednesday, 6 May 2015

My Top Three Primers

L'Oreal Maybelline Sleek Primers

For me, primer is an essential step in my makeup routine. I'm one of those people who can't use foundation without a primer before and then a setting powder afterwards, otherwise my makeup will disappear by lunchtime. My skin is dry and dehydrated the majority of the time, but with the change of seasons and the amount of travelling I'm doing at the moment I can have combination and oily days, too, so I have a few different primers on rotation. My collection expands a bit further than this, but I've managed to narrow it down to the top three.

The One For Dry Skin Days
When my skin looks dry and I need to smooth the surface, I turn to my reliable Maybelline Baby Skin Primer. It's a rather silicone-y texture, which I personally like but if you have very oily skin this might not float your boat. However, if your foundation tends to cling to drier patches on your skin, you will love this.

The One For Oily Skin Days
For the occasional oily-skin day, I've been trying out the L'Oreal Infallible Mattifying Primer. At first this feels like it's gliding over the skin but then it sets to a nice matte finish. I like to put my foundation on before it sets so that it hydrates my skin. It doesn't fill in pores like the other two primers, but it's fab for preventing shine.

The One For Combination Skin Days
The Sleek Control Shine and Prime is the primer I can always rely on. It hydrates for the dry and dehydrated days, it shrinks the pores, keeps everything matte and stops shine throughout the day. Perfect for combination skin days, or when my skin can't make up it's mind. It comes in the tiniest bottle ever though, so I try to ration it.

What's your favourite primer? Do you use it?

4 comments:

  1. I wish they had the l'Oréal Infallible primer for sale here in Belgium. I'd love to try it out!
    I love the Benefit PoreFessional and the Clinique superprimer! x

    Love, Charline | Charline Has a Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! They're a bit scarce over here at the moment because they're so popular but try and grab one on your next trip ;) x

      Delete
  2. Thankyou so much for linking me to your post hun, I'm going to definitely try either the Sleek or Maybelline primer. Brilliant reviews! :) x

    www.hello-cat.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat! Really glad you found something you want to try! x

      Delete