Monday, 18 May 2015

Disappointing Products

Disappointing Products

I tend to read a lot of reviews for makeup before I go out and by it, so I rarely feel overly let down by a product. But every now and again it does happen, so I thought I'd share a few things I'm just not that into incase you guys find it useful.

(From Left)
I love the Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me and Hydrate. You know I go on about them all the time, you're probably sick of hearing me talking about them. I picked up the pink one in a sort of "gotta catch em all" kind of mentality, and was a bit disappointed by the shade. It's just not that flattering. It's a sort of bright Barbie kind of pink that I don't think would suit that many skintones. I was hoping it would be a smidge darker and slightly more flattering.

I love my bargain brands like MUA, and I was thrilled when I discovered this powder at my local Superdrug as I was hoping it would colour correct my skin. I wasn't expecting miracles as there's only so much a powder can really do, but this did nothing. It's a nice enough to set my makeup, and one of the very few super-cheap powders that don't irritate my skin - it just doesn't do what I expected it to do.

I really like the Maybelline Color Tattoo's in general, though I do find the colours to be a bit hit and miss. On and On Bronze is a huge favourite of mine, and I love Pure Nude which I picked up on eBay from America. However, I'm not massively impressed with this one. It's just very patchy and looks really uneven on the lid. 

Makeup Revolution Vivid Blush Lacquer in O Boy
I picked this up in a massive Makeup Revolution haul based on online swatches, but wouldn't have bought it in a shop as in real life the colour looks a bit scary. It's not the product's fault, in fact the actual formula itself looks really good. This is just one of the downfalls of online shopping. Oh well, it was only £1.50 so I won't loose any sleep over it.

I was drawn to this because it's kind of a dupe for the Benefit Push Up Liner, which is supposed to be the thing if you have hooded eyes. I just really struggle to get an even application with this, as lots of product tends to come out at once, plus the nib is too thick for me. I keep thinking that if I practiced with it more I might get the hang of it - but who has time to practice with a difficult eyeliner during a morning rush? 

Primer is essential for me due to my dry/dehydrated skin that has magical makeup-absorbing abilities. I grabbed this when it was first released because it was discounted. The texture of this is a bit funny - you know those suncreams that feel tacky to apply and don't dissolve if you put on too much? Well, this is sort of like that. And while most primers make my foundation easier to apply, this stuff does the opposite. I've tried to get on with it but I just prefer my more silicone-rich primers that I can feel filling in my pores. If, however, you've been searching for a primer that doesn't feel like a primer, you might really like this.

So those are my thoughts - have you guys tried any of these? Do you disagree? If so, tell me how you use them and maybe I can get them to work. Have you been let down by any makeup purchases recently?



1 comment:

  1. Love this! I love reading reviews about disappointing products!
    Eleanor | www.eleanordavoren.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete