Wednesday, 1 April 2015

My Favourite £1 Makeup


When I was a teenager, I remember makeup being much more expensive than it is now, but fast forward to 2015 and suddenly it's much easier to find decent products for any budget. I've always been a drugstore-only shopper but even I can be a little skeptical about how good a product can be if it only costs £1 - but here are five products where the quality is equal to the more expensive options.

1. The MUA Blusher in Candyfloss is perfect for a flush of colour. This blush is seriously pigmented so a light hand is essential! When applied sparingly, this colour looks very natural on me. Lipliner is one of those things I'm curious about but don't do religiously, so I tend to only get the cheap ones.

2. Normally the colour range of £1 lipliners are a bit dodgy, but the Essence Lipliner in 07 Cute Pink is perfect for Spring. Essence are a brand that really don't get enough hype, though it's probably because they're a bit harder to get hold of.

3. For a bold lip look, there's the Makeup Revolution Lipstick in Dazzle, which in all honesty I only ordered after seeing a picture of Karen Gillan wearing a bright fuchsia lip. If you want to play dress up or experiment with wacky lip colours, the £1 lipsticks from Makeup Revolution are the way to go. 

4. If pink makeup isn't your cup of tea,  you'll like this one. I know I talk about the MUA Eyeliner Pencil in Rich Brown a lot, but I do love this stuff and mine's lasted for ages (even if it is a bit battered). If you love to smudge out your eyeliner, this one's for you. It's great for the lived-in Kristen Stewart look.

5. The Makeup Revolution Eyeshadow in Good Life is a gorgeous shimmery lilac colour that's perfect for Spring. As Makeup Revolution are so well known for their palettes I think their single shadows get overlooked, but they tend to be more pigmented and are so easy for throwing in your makeup bag.

6. If you like the sound of having a glitter topcoat on your eyelids, then I highly recommend the Makeup Revolution Eye Dust. I like to use a tiny amount of these glitters on the lid as a finishing touch, but I've seen other people use a wet brush and build them up on their own, too. Not something I'd wear on a daily basis so I wouldn't pay a fortune for it, but for £1 it's a steal.

Have you got any £1 makeup favourites? Would you try any of these?

2 comments:

  1. This is such a great post :D the MUR eye dusts and mono eyeshadows are amazing value for money and the Essence lip liners are some of my favourites ever. Lovely photo too! xx

    Magpie Jasmine | Zoeva Brush Set Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jasmine :) I'm actually a bit lost with my photography at the moment but I'm glad you like it! xx

      Delete