Monday, 27 April 2015

A Few Changes At Alice Red...


I started this blog over a year ago, and at the time I had a very clear view on what I wanted to write about. I was reading beauty blogs and watching Youtube videos as an escape, and I wanted my little space on the internet to focus entirely on makeup reviews so that fellow shopaholic's had an encyclopaedia of the best buys on the high street. Fast forward a year and things have changed. I was having a chat with a longtime friend the other day, and I realised that my language was completely different to the language I use over here. I want to change that, I want this blog to feel more personal so that you all know who you're talking to.

I still love makeup. I will probably never shut up about mascaras and lipsticks and eyeshadow palettes, but there might be a few less reviews and a few more FOTD's. I don't want to restrain myself, either, and I've actually got some ideas for lifestyle and photography posts that I think you're really going to like. While studying Photography at university I got so depressed that I lost all passion for the subject, but I can finally stand the thought of being creative again. I want to start writing about it a bit more over here; whether it be a few snaps I've taken over the weekend, or some tips on photography for beginners, or even an exhibition or book that I'm loving. If there's anything in particular you'd really like me to write about, please tell me in the comments below.

So that's the content sorted... what do you guys think of the new layout? Thanks to the lovely people at 17th Avenue Designs for this amazing template. There are still a couple of things I'll tweak in the next few weeks but I think this is a good start.  It was very reasonably priced so I'd definitely recommend them if you want your blog to look more professional but don't have the funds to hire a web designer. It's also mobile friendly, too, so you can enjoy my posts on more platforms.

Hope you guys enjoy having a look around, again let me know what you think of the layout and if you have any post suggestions! 

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh it's gorgeous! I love it!
    I'd love to read your lifestyle posts. It's great that you're studying photography and I can't wait to see your photos on your blog!

    Love, Charline | Charline Has a Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charline! So glad you like it :)

      Delete