Wednesday, 18 March 2015

The Perfect Pink: MUA Luxe Velvet Whipped Lips in Ritzy

MUA Luxe Whipped Velvet in Ritzy

MUA Luxe Whipped Velvet in Ritzy

Everyone needs a bright pink lip for Spring and Summer, and I've discovered the MUA Luxe Whipped Velvet in Ritzy for £3. Ok, so it smells and tastes a bit plastic-y, like most budget lippies... but the application is wonderful. I thought a vivid blue-toned pink would be way outside my comfort zone, but it's actually really sheer, adding a nice pop of colour to the lips without looking like a clown. It feels comforting on the lips which will be great for the warmer months. The Whipped Velvet range isn't drink-proof or kiss-proof like the previous Luxe lip lacquers, but that's to be expected as it's a much more sheer, balmy texture. 

To complete the look, I paired the lips with a light application of MUA Blusher in Candyfloss, which is a similar pink with cool undertones. Having a blush in the same colour or tones as a bright lip stops me looking really washed out. After that, there was a lot of colour going on so I decided to keep the eyes simple with the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Pure Nude. I don't think you can get it in the UK and I had to order mine on eBay, which is a shame because it's a nice frosty white-pink shade that works well as a base for light coloured eyeshadow. Eyeliner works wonderfully with statement lips, so I used the Collection Extreme Felt Tip Liner in Black, which is the only eyeliner that doesn't terrify me - though I was still too chicken to attempt a wing in case I messed it up. MUA have also released Whipped Velvet cream blushes, which I really want to try.

Have you switched to lighter, brighter colours for Spring? Let me know if your makeup changes with the seasons.

4 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS shade! Looks amazing on you!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasmine! I might get a few more from the range x

      Delete
  2. I noticed MUA had released a few new bits but I wasn't sure if they'd be any good. However this lip colour looks lovely on you :) xx

    Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can be a bit hit and miss sometimes but every so often you find a gem! :) xx

      Delete