Monday, 2 March 2015

Review, Looks and Swatches: Makeup Revolution Salvation Palette in 'What You Waiting For?'

Makeup Revolution Salvation Palette in What You Waiting For?

With Spring just around the corner, I thought now would be the best time to post a review of one of my favourite palettes: the Makeup Revolution Salvation Palette in 'What You Waiting For'. You've probably heard me mention this on the blog about a thousand times already, so a dedicated review was long overdue.

Inside this £6 palette (yes, £6) are twelve shimmery shades and six matte shades that feel creamy and easy to blend, and a lovely big mirror. The colour range is what I love most about it: there's a decent selection of nudes and golds, with lots of pink shades and even some darker colours for an evening look. It's a bit like a hybrid of the Urban Decay Naked 1 and Naked 3 palette. The two lighter matte shades don't really show up on me, and some of the shimmery shades have better pay off than others, but overall I'd say the pigmentation in this palette is excellent. The shades compliment each other very well so even though there's a lot of shades to choose from, you'll almost always come up with a flattering combination.

Makeup Revolution Salvation Palette in What You Waiting For? swatches
The twelve shimmery shades
Makeup Revolution Salvation Palette in What You Waiting For? swatches
The six matte shades (the first one is invisible on me, the second hardly shows up)
My favourite look with this palette is a pink smokey eye and long fluttery lashes. In the pictures below, I'm wearing Now It's Only Me (the light pink shimmery shade) all over the lid, with Moving Car (a shimmery darker pink) on the outer corners and a mix of Hot Track and Brand New Fans (the matte shades in dark pink and brown) on the crease. Then I blended everything together to make it look seamless, and added the Collection Eyeshadow Pencil in Vanilla Sky on the waterline to open up my eyes. To finish everything off, I curled my lashes and put on a few coats of the Benefit Roller Lash Mascara (anything that curls and defines the lashes with minimal smudging will do).

Makeup Revolution Salvation Palette in What You Waiting For

Makeup Revolution Salvation Palette in What You Waiting For? swatches

To complete the look, I'm wearing a light touch of Natural Collection Blushed Cheeks in Pink Cloud on my cheeks, and Rimmel Colour Rush Balm in Keep Mauvin' on the lips. This is a very pink look that's perfect for Spring - but not so overdone that I look like a Bardie doll (always a danger with pink makeup).

If all the Salvation palettes are this good, I might end up grabbing a few more on my next Makeup Revolution splurge.

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that palette looks gorgeous!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I highly recommend it ;) x

      Delete
  2. These shades look really nice on you - for some reason I wasn't wowed by this but looking at your swatches, maybe I need to dig this back out haha xx

    Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here - I ignored it for months, but then one day I just thought "I want to rock a pink smokey eye" and I haven't looked back! Give it a whirl ;) xx

      Delete