Monday, 23 February 2015

The "I Bought This To Review It" Haul

Drugstore makeup haul

The great thing about having a beauty blog is that whenever there's a new launch in Boots or you just fancy trying something new for the hell of it, you can just justify it by promising yourself that you'll write a blog post about it at some point. Well, that was the plan for these goodies anyway. These are just a few things I've picked up to tide me over until my planned splurge on payday.

I picked this up when I got the Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara. It looks like a dupe for the Benefit Push Up Liner so I was hoping it would be just the thing I needed to apply eyeliner to my hooded eyes. Unfortunately I think the nib is too thick to get the look I want and I find it much easier to do a mini-flick with the Collection Extreme Liner which is much cheaper, but I think if I keep playing with it I can make it work.

Rimmel Lasting Finish Primer
I'm running low on my current favourite primer, the Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser, so I thought I'd take the chance to try out something different. This is a long lasting primer that claims to help makeup stay put for longer, so I thought it would be great to try out for my long shifts at work. If it does what it says it will also be great for the upcoming warmer months to help my makeup last in the heat. Did I mention it was £4 instead of £7 when I got it? That helped my decision, too.

Collecting Illuminating Touch Concealer
I bought this because I was tired of writing about the L'Oreal Touche Magique concealer, and thought something pink-toned would do a better job of correcting my blue under-eye circles. This works perfectly, though I do like to add a tiny bit of Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer near the inner corners as well for a flawless look. 

MUA Power Pout in Crazy In Love and Broken Hearted
I mentioned my love for the MUA Power Pout in Rendezvous in my post on Bargain Lippies, and have been meaning to pick up more shades for a while as I really love lip crayons, especially in Spring. I picked up Crazy In Love, which is a really nice berry colour, and then Broken Hearted which is more of a coral shade. 

MUA Undress Me Too Foundation in Porcelain
After my review of the Revlon Colorstay Foundation which is the perfect match for me, I thought I could try out a few foundations for pale skin on the cheaper end of the spectrum. I finally got my hands on the shade Porcelain after it's been out of stock for weeks, and it was on offer for £3 instead of £5. I don't know what to expect as I've read mixed reviews, but for the price it's not the end of the world if I don't like it.

I've already reviewed this and mentioned it in many blog posts as it's a long-time favourite of mine, but I bought a shiney new one as I need to film close ups of it for my Youtube tutorials and my current one is looking pretty nasty.

What have you been picking up recently?

4 comments:

  1. Such a lovely idea! There are a few products I bought just to be able to review them too :)

    x Charline
    http://charlinehasablog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will pretty much justify any purchase ;)

      Delete
  2. Haha love your honestly! I like the Maybelline black eyeliner - I can deal with the downsides when I'm not paying £20 for it like the Benefit one I fell for the hype on! I have something of a love/hate relationship with the Collection concealer! xx

    Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I really love about drugstore makeup - if you don't like it, it's not the end of the world as it didn't cost *too* much in the first place :) xx

      Delete