Monday, 2 February 2015

Shopping my Stash


I haven't been on as many shopping sprees recently - there's so many new things I want to pick up but I've had to prioritise my limited funds to other things. So I've been trying to resist the urge to jump on a bus to town and blow my bank account in Boots by rummaging through my drawers and seeing if there's anything that's been neglected.

Rimmel 60 Seconds Nail Polish in Fifty Shades of Pink
This came out as a limited edition colour on Superdrug's  50th Anniversary. This deep-red-pink shade is really on trend at the moment and brightens up dull winter outfits.

This is the only thing from ELF I own. I think I bought it, tried it, then promptly decided to not use it again. It looked like a nice light brownish pink online, but in real life it's a light brownish pink with a crapton of gold shimmer, which looks a bit odd with my colouring. However, I tried it again with the Real Techniques Duo Fibre Contour Brush which is designed to only pick up a small amount of product, and this time I loved it. The shimmer was much more subtle when used with the Duo Fibre brush and it looked natural and pretty, perfect for the everyday glow I've been loving recently.

Seventeen Wild Metallics Eyes in Wild Nude
This has been sadly neglected due to my love for the Maybelline Color Tattoo, which is more pigmented and stays put on the eye all day long. The Seventeen Cream Shadow is a more creamy texture and very sheer, so it's super easy to chuck on for busy mornings. I would highly recommend this as a base for stubborn/unpigmented eyeshadows, as it makes them much easier to apply.

I stopped using this when I cut in a fringe and just drew them on with my favourite Rimmel Brow Professional Pencil - I didn't see the point in doing a two-step routine if they weren't visible. One day I decided to try this on it's own without a brow pencil first, and I can't believe I didn't try it sooner. It looks so much more natural than a pencil and is actually very quick to do, though I do need to wipe off the excess before I start and go in with a clean spoolie afterwards to blend out any clumps.

I don't take this out a lot as the packaging is a bit dodgy and I'm always worried about breaking it, but the product itself is gorgeous. Plus it matches the Fifty Shades of Pink polish perfectly! I think I'm going to be wearing this a lot as we get closer to Spring.

I'm still itching for a shopping trip soon. Just watch, I'll have another haul up in the next week or two!

I always read and reply to comments! Say hello!