Friday, 27 February 2015

Jessica Chastain Oscars 2015 Makeup Tutorial



I really loved the elegant, statement makeup at the Oscars this year. There were so many looks I wanted to recreate, but in the end I settled on Jessica Chastain because I thought it would be fun for other redheads (though the gold liner will work on anyone). I even straightened my hair to get the complete look!

This makeup is very much outside my comfort zone - you guys know how much I struggle with winged liner and applying false lashes on camera is definitely a challenge. But I'm glad I filmed it and got it finished, because now I know I could do it again for other looks. It's a very creative process and my inner Art Graduate is really enjoying it.

I'm thinking of filming the makeup Anna Kendrick wore when I get back from my trip in a couple of weeks - I'm staying in Stratford-Upon-Avon with Dan's family. The posts over here probably won't be that different apart from the background changing on some of the photos, but I won't be filming makeup tutorials as I can't take my soft box lights on the train with me. So I was thinking of making some chatty videos instead - like a travel makeup bag, or a few tag videos, or a £20 makeup challenge? That kind of thing. Let me know if you have any preference.

Oh, and if you subscribe to my Youtube channel, I will love you forever.

I always read and reply to comments! Say hello!