Friday, 6 February 2015

FOTD: Tea and Cake at Richmond Tea Rooms



Yesterday, me and my boyfriend actually left the house for once for a casual double-date. As this was my first social outing for quite some time I thought I'd take the opportunity for an FOTD. This look is light-but-polished, with feminine colours. I think this is the sort of thing that will look really nice on Valentine's Day, or whenever you're in the mood for a bit of pink.

I kept the base lightweight with the Gosh CC Cream, with a flush of the Natural Collection Blushed Cheeks in Pink Cloud. I've really been loving using the Real Techniques Duo Fibre Contour Brush to add the blusher as it stops me from going overboard.

For the eyes, I used the pink shimmery shades in the Makeup Revolution 'What You Waiting For?' palette, which I've spoken about hundreds of times over here because I love it so much. The stars of the show are the Maybelline Lasting Drama Black Shock Gel Liner and the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara. I bought both when I was reviewing the Benefit Roller Lash over here and I'm so glad I did. The liner is ridiculously simple to use, even for someone with hooded eyes like me, and the mascara really opens up my eyes and adds so much length.

We went to Richmond Tea Rooms, so I knew there was no point going overboard on the lips as they would be worn away pretty quickly. I just used the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey, which is one of the most long-lasting lip products I own, and as it inevitably faded through copious amounts of tea and chocolate cake it left a subtle stain before it vanished.

If you've never been to Richmond Tea Rooms, it's a really nice place right next to Canal Street with vintage decor. It was a beautiful setting, I really should have taken more pictures. It was like being in Wonderland.



 



I'm thinking of doing more diary-style entries over here with days out and so on, so let me know what you think of this post.

4 comments:

  1. I love the Richmond Tea Rooms (or the Gay Tearooms as my mum calls them lol), it's just so adorable and has such great food and cake :) lovely photos xx

    Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasmine - I had a feeling my Manchester readers would have been there and loved it! xx

      Delete
  2. One of my fave places for Afternoon Tea! Haven't managed to get a seat in the conservatory yet, but will be going back until I do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sitting in the conservatory is like, the dream! I'll never get tired of going there.

      Delete