Wednesday, 14 January 2015

The Rise of the Mono Shadow



I love a nice palette, but I have a lot of single eyeshadows in my makeup collection. I tend to opt for the frosty bronzes and taupes, the kind with a little shimmer and a lot of pigmentation. They might not be as practical to take on holiday due to the lack of mirror and lack of options, but they're great for throwing in my makeup bag to take around with me during the day. Here are some of my favourite mono shades:

I use this nearly every day but I still find it hard to describe this beautiful silver-toned-taupe colour. It really opens up the eyes and makes me look more awake.

2. Seventeen Solo Eyeshadow: Rose Quartz
I'm having trouble finding these online but I hope they haven't been discontinued. The Seventeen Solo Shadows are amazingly pigmented. Rose Quartz is a beautiful bronze with a slight purple sheen when it hits the light. Another staple in my beauty routine.

I didn't realise until I swatched this, but this is actually very similar to Willow but more pigmented. It's a light silver metallic shade mixed with pink and purple.

4. Seventeen Solo Eyeshadow: Statuesque
A beautiful rose gold. Works wonderfully as the base for a smokey eye. This shade works well with most other shades in my collection.

I'm sure you've all heard of this one by now so I won't go on about it too much! I normally use this as an eyeshadow primer for my other bronze and taupe colours, as it makes eyeshadow stick around all day. Quite a statement when you have hooded eyes like me.

The name 'beige' makes the shade sound a bit plain, but it's a bright gold that looks very luxurious. I love wearing this on top of the Color Tattoo for a bright-eyed look.

I wore this in my recent New Year's look and described it as a "glitter top coat" for the eyes. As it's white and silver glitter it can be worn with anything to give an extra bit of sparkle.

Unlike the rest of the shades in this collection, this one's a matt shade. It's a nice dull pink that works well in the crease for light pink-toned eyeshadow looks.

Do you hoard eyeshadows, too? What are your favourites? 

6 comments:

  1. That's exactly my kind of shade =) I'm definitely going to check out some of these as my on and on bronze is nearly empty and quite dry (i've had it for 3 years now)

    Feathers and Brushes | Swiss | Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you got your money's worth ;) Glad you liked the selection! x

      Delete
  2. These all look stunning!! Definetly the kinda shades i reach for!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so easy to wear :) Thanks for the comment x

      Delete
  3. I don't actually own any single eye shadows, but you make a good point about them being easy to just throw in your bag and carry around! I should really get some!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm more than happy to give you an excuse to go shopping ;) x

      Delete