Wednesday, 21 January 2015

The Mascara Chronicles Part 5: Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara


I have another mascara review for you guys today. This time I felt like buying a fibre wand for once, and picked up the Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara in Black.

I've always liked Max Factor. When I was a teenager, there wasn't the same range of budget makeup as there is now, so Max Factor were one of the first brands I would make regular purchases from (though back then I only wore mascara, and sometimes foundation, so I spent nowhere near the ridiculous amounts I spend on makeup now... but that's another story).


I remember being quite drawn to the packaging at the time, which I still really like now. You just can't go wrong with the classic black and gold design. I would say that this is a pretty classic mascara all around - no fiddly wands, no gimmicks, no ridiculous claims. It has a fibre wand which I usually avoid, but I felt like writing about something different for once. They tend to be pretty messy on me due to my sparse lashes. This one isn't too bad in the mess department, in fact I think fibre wands generally give better results with more length and volume. I really like the look this gives, the only problem is that it takes a little bit of time to achieve it. You can get great results but you have to be willing to work, wiggle, separate, comb, spin, double-dip and wiggle some more for a whole five minutes of your life. After years of preferring plastic wands, I find that it can clump a little and I have to use a lash separator to comb through afterwards.

Overall this is a nice, classic mascara that will suit everyone. But my next purchase will be one with a plastic wand as I find them easier to apply. I just don't always have time to work so much with my makeup, when I'm getting ready in the morning I like it to just work, you know? 

Have you tried this mascara? What did you think?

2 comments: