Friday, 16 January 2015

January's Face


I haven't had a lot of money in January (still recovering from Christmas) so I've been using makeup in my stash more than going out and buying new things.

My skin feels a lot calmer these days but I'm still prone to a bit of redness in the colder months so the Gosh CC Cream in Ivory 2 has been getting a lot of use as an everyday base. It's quite glowly too, which is what you need when your skin is dehydrated. To set it I've been reaching for the L'Oreal True Match Powder (my shade is Rose Ivory), which I keep neglecting but it's actually a great product with a bit of extra coverage. The colour is a great match and corrects the CC Cream as it gets slightly darker when it oxidises. I can't always be bothered to contour, but I haven't been skipping shimmer. I don't know what it is about winter and going Edward Cullen on your cheekbones, but I've been making sure to put on a good amount of MUA Undress Your Skin Highlight Powder.

Whatever eye makeup I've been wearing always seems to start with a cream shadow these days. I got the Maybelline Color Tattoo Leather in Creamy Beige recently and though it looks a bit "meh" on it's own, it's fantastic for an eyeshadow primer. I still opt for a neutral smokey eye but have been picking pinker colours a lot from the Makeup Revolution Iconic 1 Palette (I'm really itching to buy more of their palettes at the moment).

For lips, I'm getting the most out of my berry shades before Spring arrives. I've been reaching for the Makeup Revolution Liphug in 'Keeps the Planet Spinning' since I bought it. It's sheer and easy to wear but still gives a great colour payoff.

I think judging by my colour choices lately, I'm looking forward to wearing brighter colours in Spring but still getting the last stretch from the darker shades in my makeup collection while it's still cold. What makeup have you been loving this month?

I always read and reply to comments! Say hello!