Monday, 1 December 2014

Winter Hair Saviours


I have thick, frizzy, and damaged hair that's difficult to deal with at the best of times, but in the Winter when it's battling with the elements things just seem to get worse, so anything that works for me is worth sharing.

Deep conditioners are vital for my hair. When I first started lightening my hair, I got through a whole pot of the Dove Pure Care Dry Oil which saved it from turning into straw. I couldn't recommend this enough if you have damaged your hair through bleaching. Since I used it up, I went back to the Herbal Essences Bee Strong Mask as it's a little cheaper and normally on offer. I've used a few of the Herbal Essences masks in the different colours/formulars and this one works the best for my hair, and on the day you wash it it will smell like apricots.

After a bit of towel-drying, I put the Garnier Ultimate Blends: The Sleek Restorer Oil throughout my hair, focusing on the frizzier layers on top and the ends. I thought it was a little pricey at first, but it's worth it for the difference it makes, and it's lasting me ages. It smooths down all the frizz, masks the spilt ends, and glosses over the drier areas of my hair to make everything look smooth and polished.

My hair takes a good seven or eight hours to dry by itself - not ideal when it's this cold! Help from a blowdryer is mandatory. To protect the hair while it's being dried I like to use a heat protecting spray. I can't really tell the difference between most brands, so at the moment I'm using the Boots Style Works Heat Protect Spray, which despite the smaller price tag seems to do exactly the same thing as every other heat protect spray I've tried. The VO5 Smoothly Does It Frizz Free Creme is another gem for heat styling, and makes it a lot easier for my brush to glide through my hair and create styles.

What are your favourite haircare products for the colder months?

I always read and reply to comments! Say hello!