Monday, 22 December 2014

The Mascara Chronicles Part 4: Collection No Clumps Mascara


After I tried out the Essence Lash Mania Mascara and loved it, I wondered if other super-cheap mascaras would amaze me just as much. Sadly, the Collection No Clumps Mascara didn't quite make the cut.

I tend to like small, plastic wands, like this one. However, it made no impact on my lashes whatsoever. Yes, there were no clumps like the name suggests - but there was also no length or volume, it basically just tinted my eyelashes black. No matter how much I layer it the results are always the same. To be fair, the mascara makes no claim that it will give you a dramatic result which I tend to prefer, and I know that different people like different results. I would have probably loved this when I was at school, because you weren't really supposed to wear makeup so something as natural as this would have been a winner.


Although I don't really use this on it's own on the top lashes, I discovered that it's an excellent lower lash mascara, due to the small size of the wand and the natural effect it gives. I don't normally bother applying mascara on my lower lashes as it just seems to smudge, but this is by far the easiest job I've had of it. I also like it as a lash separator on top of another mascara that's gone a bit clumpy, so at least it wasn't a complete waste of money. 

What's your favourite budget mascara?

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh I'll have to look into this one- I also always have a hard time applying to bottom lashes! It looks very nice on you!
    xx
    Jenny // Mish Mosh Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! Love the look of your blog xx

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I'll check this one out as I'm a huge fan of their Supersize formula and for that price why not give it a go :) xx

    Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's well worth a go, might be your new favourite :) xx

      Delete