Wednesday, 3 December 2014

The Mascara Chronicles Part 3: Essence Lash Mania


At only £2.80, the Essence Lash Mania False Lash Mascara is the cheapest mascara I've reviewed for this series so far. In all honesty, I don't normally go for anything less than £3 as I automatically assume I won't like it, but this is actually a pretty decent product. It looks like it cost a lot more than it actually did, with it's pretty silver tube.


As always, it's a plastic wand, I always buy those as I just like them better. The brush is quite small, which again I prefer, and is tapered at the end for that nice fanned-out lash effect. When I first tried this out the formula was quite wet but still worked well, though I personally liked it more after a few weeks when it had slightly dried out. It's pretty easy to build up to the desired length and volume, though due to it being a more wet mascara I did have to whip out a lash separator when I was done to keep things tidy. I found it better to put the first coat on the first eye, then put the first coat on the second eye before applying a second coat, which helps with the clumping but won't prevent it entirely. If I focus the second coat on the ends of the lashes, I can build up some really nice length and volume. While I was testing this, I had two or three other mascaras on the go at the same time and this was always the one I reached for in the morning because I loved how easy it was to get good results. As well as looking great, it's super easy to remove at the end of the day - I don't know about you guys, but normally when I love how a mascara looks it never wants to come off, so this was another nice surprise.

I've paid three times the price for mascaras I liked far less in the past. I will definitely repurchase this despite it being a tad clumpy as overall I'm impressed. Everything about it makes it the perfect everyday mascara for those who want a more dramatic look without breaking the bank or having to scrub your eyes at the end of the day. I'm even tempted to try out some other mascaras from Essence and see how they compare.

Have you tried this mascara?

I always read and reply to comments! Say hello!