Wednesday, 17 December 2014

The "Chung" Fringe


I've been thinking of having a change in the hair department for a while now. I've been tempted to cut my hair to collarbone-length and get rid of the dry ends of my hair, but I know that I'll probably end up regretting it later. For now I've satisfied my scissor-happy fingers by cutting in a full fringe (yes, I do cut my own fringe). My inspiration came by accident when I was pinning some pictures of Alexa Chung on my Mid-Length Haircut Pinterest Board. I noticed that even though she claims not to do anything with her hair, her full fringe always keeps her bedhead-style looking polished. I liked how it wasn't too neat like the perfectly-combed full fringe I had at high school. It's as if Alexa gave her fringe a little ruffle with her fingers before her photograph was taken, which seems to suit my naturally un-cooperative hair rather well. 


I already had a side fringe, so this was such a minor change in terms of centimetres cut off that I almost wondered if it deserves it's own post - but it really makes such a difference. It covers up the early signs of ageing on my forehead (that no one else can see apart from me), as well as my strangely-shaped eyebrows that I'm too cheap to get threaded and continue to ruin by plucking.

A word of advice for those thinking of making the cut: mini straighteners, dry shampoo and a small comb are mandatory equipment for this style. My weapon of choice is the Babyliss Pro 200 Nano Mini Hair Straightener, which I already owned prior to this cut to touch up my hair when travelling. I love a spray or two Batiste Oriental Dry Shampoo to stop it looking greasy in the morning, they do a whole heap of scents but this one is my favourite, I believe there are a couple of smaller ones too for throwing in the handbag. 

What do you guys think of the "Chung" fringe?

2 comments:

  1. Wow your fringe looks amazing, I can't believe that you did it yourself! Great job and it really suits you :) x

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aimee! (The trick is to cut a bit longer than you wanted at first, to make room for error) x

      Delete