Wednesday, 31 December 2014

Minimal Travel Makeup Bag


I hope you guys had a great Christmas! As my boyfriend and I spent Christmas with my family, it was only fair that we spend New Year's with his, so when this post goes up we'll be in Stratford-Upon-Avon. Every trip is an opportunity to write a Travel Makeup bag post, right? Even though it'll be New Year's Eve while we're there, I have a hunch that we won't be attending any parties, in fact I don't think they'll be much on our to-do list at all apart from watching television and walking the dogs. With that in mind, I'm only taking my staple makeup products... but with three extras thrown in there, just in case we do get invited to some snazzy outing after all.



The Basics:
First there's the base, where I'm keeping things simple. I have my Sleek Control Oil & Shine Primer, which is perfect for travel because it's so tiny. Then there's the Gosh Mineral Powder, which I've reviewed here. I love this as it's a super quick way to get good coverage. I'll also throw in the much-loved MUA Mosaic Bronzer in Sunkissed Glow, which I've reviewed here, to contour and add colour; Soap and Glory Kick Ass Powder to stop the Mineral Foundation getting too shiny on long walks. To conceal, I'll be taking (no surprises here) the L'Oreal True Match Touche Magique Concealer for under the eyes; and the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer for blemishes. Mental note: I must find new concealers to talk about next year...

I think a decent eyeshadow palette is essential for a travel makeup bag. Not only does the Makeup Revolution: What You Waiting For? palette have enough colours to cover day and nighttime looks, it also has a massive mirror which will come in handy, but is still slim enough to cram into my makeup bag. I'm also throwing the Maybelline On and On Bronze Color Tattoo in there, to use as a primer for the eyeshadows or on it's own for lazy days. Then there's two kohl pencils in black and white to quickly add some definition to my eyes; the black one is from Natural Collection and the white one is from Barry M (which has lasted for ages)As for mascara, I'm taking the Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara - probably not my favourite mascara ever, it just happens to be the one that I have on the go at the moment. For brows, I'm keeping it simple and only taking my Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil - now that I've got a full fringe, you can't see them most of the time so there's no point in making a huge fuss over them. For lips, there's the Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick in 19, a classic mid-pink that matches any eye look. It's nice for minimal makeup as it doesn't look over the top but still looks like you've made an effort.

For Additional Glamour:
I know I said we probably won't do anything fancy, however just in case we do or even if I just feel like dressing up a bit, I have three products that will spice up my look. First, there's the MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighting Powder. Nothing quite says "special occassion" like a bit of shimmer on the cheekbones. For the eyes, there's the Collection Felt Liner, which I'm still trying to get used to but is the easiest product I've used so far for small flicks on the eyes. Then there's the finishing touch, the Makeup Revolution #Liphug Lipstick in Get Lucky. A red lip instantly transforms any look, and this one is really nice and glossy and lower maintenance than most.

...and that's it!

Just in case you're wondering, the makeup bag is from Primark and was £3 or £4. It's quite a good size for travel, and all my junk just about fit in.

I always read and reply to comments! Say hello!