Monday, 29 December 2014

I Finally Got The Hang of Cream Blush!


During my Makeup Revolution hauls, I always end up grabbing something I wouldn't normally go for - the brand is so cheap that if I don't like it, there's no harm done. That was my thinking when I picked up The One Blush Stick in Matte Malibu for £5 as a contour product and the Cream Blush in Caramel Shake for only £1.50. I'm not exactly fantastic at contour and blush anyway, but cream products are something I've only ever been able to master on the eyelids. I figured if I couldn't get the hang of them and they emded up sitting in my Unloved Products drawer in my vanity, I wouldn't have wasted that much money, compared to the more expensive brands in the drugstore.


When I first tried them out, I tried them with a cheap tapered kabuki brush from eBay which I thought would be perfect, but found both products impossible to work with. The Cream Blusher just wouldn't blend, and the Blush Stick was far too dark and I couldn't sheer it out for the life of me. But I didn't want to give up straight away, so I did a little reading into how other beauty bloggers used it, and it turns out that the best tools for the job were the ones I had all along: my fingers! With a little practice, I can now dab the smallest amounts and blend them out, and blur the edges a little with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush (which I previously used for smoothing foundation, so I might have to grab a spare). Now that I've mastered them, I think I can justify adding a few more to my basket in the January sales.

Have you got any more tips for cream products? Which ones should I add to my collection next?

2 comments:

  1. I love cream blushes, ive really gotten into them this year!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, they never appealed to me before but they look so natural x

      Delete