Friday, 5 December 2014

Budget-Friendly Beauty Stocking Fillers


I started my Christmas shopping early this year when Boots and Superdrug were both having various 3-for-2 offers (I may have grabbed a few treats for myself too, but that's beside the point). I love Christmas, but in my family we don't spend a fortune on it, so everything in this list is under £5, or was on sale or part of a multibuy offer when I bought it. 

My mum loves this stuff. How do I know that? Because she stole mine. It's a really nice moisturiser that builds up a gradual tan, so you control exactly how tanned you end up. Even at this time of year I know my mum will love this as her legs are always paler than the rest of her body and she likes to even it out.

MUA Nail Polishes in (From Left) Ultramarine, Deepest Purple, Cherry Blossom and Leapfrog, £1
I mentioned in a previous I'd be getting a few of these £1 nail polishes for stocking fillers. They have a lot of nice colours to choose from. I got some darker colours for my sister and some brighter colours for my mum.

Makeup Revolution Eyeshadows, £1-£4
I'm really loving the Makeup Revolution eyeshadows at the moment. Their £1 Eye Dusts in Supreme and Affluent are beautiful for the festive season, but they have a selection of beautiful palettes for £4, too. The one in the photograph is the Iconic 1 Palette, which has a nice selection of natural and colourful shades to suit everyone's taste. They're great value and look more expensive than they are.

For those people in your life who aren't that into beauty, I'd advise getting things that are more practical. There are lots of small gift sets like these. I got the Simple Skincare Set for my sister, with a travel-sized cleanser, toner and moisturiser - anything more complicated than that and she probably wouldn't use it. (If you'd prefer something a bit higher end, The Bodyshop do most of their skincare in smaller sizes for around £2-3 a bottle.)

I know that my mum and sister always get dry hands during winter, so hand creams might seem unadventurous but will be much appreciated. This Palmers one is fragrance free so would be suitable for even the most sensitive hands.

Feel free to get more expensive eyelash curlers if you wish, but I'm pretty sure I've tried every single one in Superdrug and the own-brand curlers are still my favourite.

I actually got this for free when I was getting some skincare for myself, but I'm going to put this in my mum's stocking because I know she'll love it. The Bodyshop are great for giving away free gifts when you spend a certain amount, perfect if you have a lot of people to shop for.

Everyone loves a good mascara. This one from Max Factor is one that I think would appeal to the most people - the packaging is elegant, and the wand is a normal size. 

I think everyone loves the Revlon Lip Butters, they feel very buttery as the name suggests which is nice for this time of year when the lips will be getting a little dry. They do a lot of colours but I think Berry Smoothie is the one that will suit the most people - if you're looking for something more festive, pick up Red Velvet.

I hope this was helpful or gave you some ideas. For those who still have some shopping to do - keep your eyes out for 3-for-2 offers or offers with free gifts, there are quite a lot at this time of year!

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They're the £1 MUA polishes ;) - I strongly suspect they were "inspired" by the Essie design, haha! x

      Delete
  2. Love this post! You have picked some really affordable but good quality products! xx

    Magpie Jasmine || GIVEAWAY!: Urban Decay/Nars/Charlotte Tilbury/Too Faced

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasmine - that's what I try to do on all my posts :) x

      Delete
  3. 3 for 2 is always the best for buying stocking stuffers. I always love going to the travel minis section and picking up a few bits and bobs!! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Travel minis! That's genius! :D Why didn't I think of that? x

      Delete