Wednesday, 26 November 2014

Winter Nail Polishes


(From top left)

The Budget Option: MUA Nail Polish in Ultramarine

This will need two coats as the first tends to be a bit streaky, but I love the deep purple colour, and for £1 you can't really complain. I know I'm going to grab a handful of these in various colours for Christmas stocking fillers.

Just because it's November doesn't mean you necessarily need to wear a bold nail. This nude grey-toned pink will look lovely if you don't want your nails to clash with your outfit. This is super easy to apply with the wide brush, but I normally need two coats to get it covering the white tips on my nails.

The Christmas Red: Rimmel 60 Seconds in Rapid Ruby

I've always loved the Rimmel 60 Seconds range and I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this polish on my blog a couple of times before because I love it so much. It's the perfect red for any occasion, but I especially love it for Christmas. One coat is all you need, and with the wide brush and fast drying time it's perfect for looking glamorous in a hurry.

The Statement Nail: Max Factor Max Effect Mini in Ivory

Everyone needs a gold shimmery nail colour. For a Christmas party, I love it as a statement nail on each ring finger with the rest painted red. For New Year's Eve, I'll wear it on all the nails, either on it's own or over the top of a more neutral colour. Much more glittery than your average sparkly polish, so you won't need more than two coats to get a decent shimmer.

This polish is that perfect purpley-red that you just need at this time of year, but still quite bright and vivid. Great as a nice pop of colour against a dull winter coat. Like the 60 Seconds polish, this also has a nice wide brush and only requires one coat.

What nail polish do you love during the colder months?


I always read and reply to comments! Say hello!