Sunday, 9 November 2014

Under £5: Seventeen Stay Time and Collection Lasting Perfection Concealers


Everyone needs at least one decent concealer, perhaps two if you're like me and want one for under the eyes and one for spots. Even when I don't wear foundation, I always wear concealer, making it an essential part of my kit.

Like most beauty bloggers, I was a big fan of the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in the shade Fair for quite some time and repurchased it on several occasions, but a while ago I just got sick of the packaging. The black text had a nasty habit of getting on my hands and subsequently would end up on my face shortly after. I found the Seventeen Stay Time Concealer in the shade Extra Fair, it looked very similar so I thought it was worth a go.

The packaging on the Seventeen concealer is a lot better, I've had this for a few months now and it's at the end of it's life, but the tube looks exactly the same as when I bought it. It's also a smidge paler, making it a better match. But when it was time to get a new one I ended up repurchasing the Collection concealer again because I just prefer the heavier coverage. The Seventeen one has a lighter, dewey finish which is rubbish for spots, even when layered with powder. Yes, the Collection is darker, but as I only use it over small blemishes I can get away with it, and I've found that it lasts a lot better on my skin. I really wish they would change the packaging, though. Mine looks nice now as I've just bought it, but give it a week or two and that black text will smudge everywhere.

Different people will prefer different results, I personally like a heavier coverage concealer so the Collection one is still my favourite - however, if you've tried it and thought it was too heavy or cakey, Seventeen Stay Time is worth a go. You could buy either of these with a fiver and still have change for a snack - so really, everyone's a winner.

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh, I want to try this out

    Serene xoxo

    www.imserenel.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think if you pick one up :) x

      Delete