Friday, 28 November 2014

The Brow Game


It took me a long time to get "into" makeup properly - to the point where I'd be binge-watching Essiebutton videos and making weekly shopping lists for Boots - and an even longer time to get into eyebrows. My natural eyebrows are blonde to the point of invisibility so I knew they looked better drawn on, but it took me a while to find the right eyebrow pencil instead of borrowing my mother's dark brown one, or trying lipliners to get something more red for my vivid ginger hair. The Rimmel Professional Eye Brow Pencil in Hazel is spot on for me, a dark blonde with a red-tone is perfect for those with red or gold tones in their hair. I like that the pencil has the right texture and doesn't need sharpening every five minutes like previous pencils I've tried - which means it lasts for months. There's even a brush built into the lid to blend the product after, which helps everything look natural. This has been my brow-go-to for years.

Despite being perfectly happy with my brow routine, I got sucked into the hype when Rimmel Brow This Way Styling Gel was released and ended up picking it up in Blonde, intrigued by the concept of "brow mascara". It turned out to be a smidge darker than my brow pencil, which I could have forgiven if the wand wasn't so annoying. It's too big to control easily, and always has too much product on it therefore always needed blending with a spoolie afterwards. I don't think I used it very often before I simply gave up.

Enter the L'Oreal Brow Artist Plumper in Blonde. This was everything I wanted the Brow This Way to be, with a much smaller wand that picked up less product. I find this looks more natural than my brow pencil as it emphasises the individual hairs more, though as I have some gaps in my brows I still have a use for my favourite brow pencil. I tend to reach for this when I'm photographing myself for this blog or any other time I'd like my brows to stand out a little more and have an extra few minutes to spare.

What are your favourite brow products?

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post! Im loving the urban decay brow box at the moment!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasmine - I've never tried it as I'm more of a drugstore junkie, but I'm sure I'll venture into high end makeup one day ;)

      Delete