Friday, 21 November 2014

Skin Prep


Before I even think about putting my makeup on in the morning, there are always a few steps I take to prep my skin and get my base ready. I've mentioned in a previous post that I cleanse and tone with Boots Sensitive Baby Lotion and Garnier Micellar Water, which make my skin feel clean without irritating it.

I always seem to have dark under eye circles these days, so a few dabs of the Boots Vitamin E Eye Cream is a must. It has a subtle tint to it so it helps brighten the under eye before I've even put concealer on, and it's the only SPF I can put near my eyes without irritating them.

To moisturise, I'm loving the Simple Kind to Skin Protecting Moisture Cream SPF30. As I'm pale and have sensitive skin, year-round sun protection is a must, but unlike others this one doesn't feel greasy on the skin. I mix the moisturiser with a pea-size dollop of No7 Colour Calming Primer in Green and apply it all over my face to help reduce redness. If I'm looking especially flushed, then I'll dab a tiny bit of the green primer on it's own where I need it - I learnt the hard way that when it comes to green primer, less is definitely more.

Even though I have dry skin, I love primer to fill in the pores around my nose and smooth over dry patches on my forehead to make makeup easier to apply. I tend to go for quite thick, silicone-y primers to give the illusion of smoother skin. My current favourite is the Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser, again less is more for this gem, the tiniest blob is all you need.

At the end, I apply some Vaseline Lip Therapy to my lips. It's a classic in my beauty routine that helps moisturise my lips before I apply my lipstick later on.

I always read and reply to comments! Say hello!