Sunday, 2 November 2014

End of University Haul


After de-cluttering my makeup collection fairly recently, and deciding not to use products with perfume in the hope of improving my skin, there were suddenly a few gaps in my collection. Add to that, my two-year Masters Degree has officially come to an end, and I felt like I deserved a treat... or seven. I'm trying to justify this in any way I can, but basically, I went to Superdrug on more than one occasion and I lost all my self control and bought whatever the hell I wanted. But at least I gave my NUS card a fond farewell before it expired at the end of the month.

First I needed a foundation that matched my pale skin while giving a medium-full coverage. After obsessively reading reviews I wanted to try the Revlon Colorstay Foundation, which I'm happy to report matches me perfectly. I'm not sure how I'm going to get on with it as it doesn't have a pump, but we'll see. Revlon were on 3 for 2 (which is the only time I ever buy anything from Revlon as they're at the pricier end of the drugstore) so I treated myself to some Revlon Lip Butters in Macaroon and Berry Smoothie, which I've wanted for a while now. They're perfect Autumn shades.



I also picked up the Makeup Revolution Pro Fixing Spray to set my foundation. I needed a new primer, too, and I couldn't decide between the Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser and the Sleek Control Shine & Prime Primer... so I bought both. The Sleek Primer is tiny at just 15ml, but with both of them you only need a tiny amount. When I got the Baby Skin primer, I noticed that Maybelline were Buy-One-Get-Second-Half-Price, so I threw in a Mono Eyeshadow in 34 Lustrous Beige. I do love my palettes but a single eyeshadow is so handy to throw in a small makeup bag. It's a really nice shimmery neutral colour with a hint of pink.

Then I went back in on another day, just to get some E45 this time, honest... and they lured me in again with a 3 for 2 on everything. That's when things got a bit out of hand. I got the new Maybelline Color Tatto's in Vintage Plum and Beige Study, they're beautiful matte colours and are great as an eyeshadow base. 



Blush is one of those things I try to not spend too much money on as I can't always get right. If it's too orange it competes with my orange hair, but if it's too pink it brings out my natural redness. I wanted to try the Rimmel Mono Blush in 20 Pink Rose, I like how it has low pigmentation so I won't put too much on by accident. I also got the MUA Blush in Candyfloss, the blue undertone matches my natural flush very well. While I was at the MUA stand I got the Power Pouts Lipstick in Rendezvous, which looks brown on the tube but swatches as a wearable pink. By this point I had disregarded any thoughts for my bank balance and grabbed a few things from the Collection stand, including their famous Lasting Perfection Concealer in 1 Fair, the Little Mix eyeshadow Palette that Amelia Liana talked me into, and a couple of nail polishes: the 2-in-1 Base Coat and French Manicure in 322 French Pink.

Well done if you made it to the end of this blog post, it was a long one! Are you noticing a trend here? Does anyone else only buy the makeup they want when it's on offer?

6 comments:

  1. I need to go to Boots and splash ! :P I want a lot of things from your haul ^^
    What do you think of the maybelline primer ?

    Feathers and Brushes | Swiss | Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I went a bit overboard ;)
      I love it, but I quite like silicone-y primers. You only need the tiniest amount and all your pores are gone! x

      Delete
  2. You picked up some lovely bits! Love the packaging to the revlon lip butters, so cute!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are, Revlon knows how to lure me in! They're very nice at this time of year when the lips get a bit dry from the cold weather x

      Delete
  3. This is such a great haul, I love makeup shopping! x

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete