Tuesday, 14 October 2014

The Mascara Chronicles Part 2: Rimmel Wonder'full


I've been wanting to review some more mascaras in my stash for a while, but there was an incident about six weeks ago involving my eyebrow trimmer and most of the eyelashes on my left eye suddenly being cut in half - so obviously I couldn't do the close-up photographs required as they were so uneven for so long! But now they've grown back enough for me to crack on and photograph them, which is good for me as once this review is up I intend to throw this mascara away.


This is the Rimmel Wonder'full Mascara. The price was right at £7.99, and I really love the bronze packaging but that was pretty much the only thing I liked about it. I was drawn in by the fact that it has argon oil in the formula, so I hoped that it would help condition the lashes and encourage them to grow back. I noticed it had a plastic wand too, which I normally go for.


What I didn't like is that the aforementioned wand was quite big, which meant it got messy on my eyelids. The mascara promises volume without clumps, but this is probably the first mascara I've ever used that gave me no volume whatsoever. There was a bit of length, which was nice, but my lashes are quite sparse even now they've grown back and I can't get away with the natural look the way some girls can. I used it on top of other mascaras from time to time to separate the clumpier formulas, but on it's own I'm afraid it just doesn't perform.

If you're at all curious about my lash-removal disaster, I found the best thing to do was apply a dedicated treatment like the L'Oreal Renewal Lash Serum every night, but ultimately I just had to wait for them to grow back.

I always read and reply to comments! Say hello!