Monday, 6 October 2014

Autumn FOTD


I love Autumn makeup. I really like the trend of smokey eyes and berry lips that I've been seeing a lot on Youtube recently, and have been recreating the look myself.

I start out with the Gosh CC Cream Foundation with a damp sponge, which feels lightweight but still does a great job of covering the redness on my skin. I've been trying out the Soap and Glory Kick Ass Instant Retouch Powder after seeing it on Vivianna Does Makeup. Normally I tend to go for powders with more coverage, but I really like the way this blurs all the pores and lines on my skin. I'm not sure if I'll repurchase it, as I don't normally pay £12 for powder, but I'll definitely use it up.



I never used to use blush or contour that often but I've been trying to get the hang of it recently to sculpt my face more. The MUA Mosaic Bronzer is beautiful, though it's quite pigmented so I have to be very careful when I apply it and then blend it out with a clean brush. It makes a great little eyeshadow palette, too, though I normally reach for the I Heart Makeup Death By Chocolate palette, which is stunning for the price. I tend to use Don't Let Go and Break Me Up as a base, and then One More Bar on the crease. I'm trying out a couple of mascaras to review and I don't think I've found a holy grail one yet, but I do quite like the Seventeen Falsifeye HD Mascara for the time being.


To finish the look, I've been wearing a few Essence Long Lasting Lipsticks. I have two more natural shades and this deep-pink berry colour called 04 On the Catwalk, which comes out quite sheer. I prefer this sort of formula to a more full-on colour as they feel nicer on the lips and can be rubbed in with the fingers for a softer finish.

Let me know what makeup trends you're loving this Autumn...

8 comments:

  1. Berry lips look gorgeous on you! I've been loving them as well, even though we're in Spring here in Australia! I love that palette x

    Angela | The Sunday Chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Berry lips are great all year round, can't go wrong x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) Love the look of your blog btw x

      Delete
  3. Just stunning, this is so so pretty x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete