Wednesday, 16 July 2014

FOTD: Summer Evening Makeup

 

Last weekend I was visiting a friend for a birthday party (well, not so much a party, more like a gathering of twentysomethings and alcohol and cake, anyway it was a pretty good night) and I snapped my makeup before I left as it was a look I'm quite into at the moment. It's a summer-proof makeup look with a light, nude, shimmery smokey eye, which feels pretty and done-up, but is still light enough not to melt off my face.

As it's been getting hotter lately, I've been opting for the Rimmel Lasting Perfection Foundation in 010 Light Porcelain. I tend to start with a light layer all around and buff it into my skin with a brush, then I'll go back and add a little more product with a sponge where I have more redness in my skin. The aim is to even out the skintone, but still leave some colour in my cheeks so that I don't have to bother with blush. After concealer and powder, I added some NYX Blush in Taupe (which I use as a light contour instead of a blush) to sculpt my cheekbones.


I started my eyes with a light wash Maybelline Color Tattoo in On and On Bronze as a base, then went in with a new favourite - the Natural Collection Solo Eyeshadow in Willow. It's a light nude colour with some metallic sheen to it. When it's mixed with the golden tones from On and On Bronze, it's just beautiful, almost pink. Then I added the darker colour from the Seventeen Eyeshadow Trio in In The Nude on to the crease, and did a thin line of Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Liner in Purple on the outer corners to add a pop of colour. For mascara, it was my first chance to try something I recently picked up for the Mascara Chronicles series on this blog: the Maybelline Falsies Mascara (the waterproof one, of course, because it's July). Oh my this stuff is good. It was so messy that I had to take off half my eyeshadow with a cotton bud and redo it, but my lashes have never looked so long and lovely. I'm going to use it for a week or two before a full review, but I think it's love.

For drink-proof, long-lasting lips I went for the Revlon Colorburst Balm Stain in Honey. Then I went over it with a few dabs of the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Peach Parfait as a glittery top coat, just because I've had it for so long and I kind of don't like it but want to use it up.

Would you wear this look? Let me know what you think in the comments.

I always read and reply to comments! Say hello!