Sunday, 22 June 2014

FOTD: Big Lashes and a Summer-Proof Base


Yesterday I went to see a friend of mine and thought it would be a good time to photograph my face for my blog. It's been surprisingly hot in the UK lately, so I've been changing my beauty routine to suit the weather. For my hair, this is the only time of year when I can let it naturally dry and it won't take seven hours (not exaggerating). I've discovered that if I braid it overnight it will still be wavy in the morning, quite handy as I don't tend to wash it on a daily basis.

For my face, I've been loving the Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro Primer which helps my Rimmel BB Cream in Very Light (wasn't sure about it at first but I can't put it down lately) stay put. I find that putting on a small amount of primer, and then a small amount of the BB Cream and really buffing it in is a great base for summer to help even everything out. Once my base is done I love a spritz or three of the MUA Pro Base Fixing Mist and then patting my face with a sponge, just to make sure everything's blended.

To make my eyelashes ridiculously long without using falsies (which I still haven't mastered) I combined two mascaras. I used the white serum from the L'Oreal Double Extension Renewable Serum Mascara, which volumises my non-existent lashes. For my second coat I used my neglected Max Factor False Lash Effect Fusion Mascara, which I can't stand on it's own but combined with the L'Oreal serum adds yet more length and defines the lashes perfectly. If I'm ever brave enough to make Youtube videos, I will film a tutorial for it.

Also, just in case you were wondering why I've been quiet for a little while, I've been working on an exhibition at university and didn't have time to do any writing. Also, a combination of stress and sunburn has left my skin very red and dehydrated so I really didn't feel like photographing myself. However, I'm back now, and will try to do more regular updates. I will likely have a skincare haul soon as I plan to get a couple of things to fix my face.


I always read and reply to comments! Say hello!