Saturday, 3 May 2014

Travel Makeup Bag: Stratford-Upon-Avon


Yesterday I arrived in Stratford-Upon-Avon visiting my boyfriend's family. When he first told me about the visit, my first thought (I'm not even kidding) was what to put in my travel makeup bag and to write a blog post about it. How sad. But to be fair, I've always loved watching videos of what other people put in their makeup bags so hopefully some of you will be interested in mine!

Most of the time we'll be wondering around the shops and other activities that don't require heavy makeup, but I reckon at least one evening out is on the cards so there are a few items to take my look from day to night. Slimming everything down was rather tricky as I've always liked using as many different things as possible (perhaps to justify my excessive makeup spending) but I think I've done a reasonably good job...

 

I decided to stick with products I trust, which you may have seen in my Makeup Staples posts. As it's been getting slightly warmer in the UK recently I've been opting for a long-lasting foundation that can withstand heat and humidity. Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation in 010 Light Porcelain seemed like a versatile option - I love to mix this with moisturiser for frantic hand application during busy mornings, but when I've got more time to spare and need the full coverage I'll layer it with a sponge.

I don't tend to use blush or contour products on an everyday basis, but I took two travel-friendly options just in case I felt the urge. First up is the Rimmel Match Perfection Blush that has three shades in one (though sadly I suspect it has been discontinued), and then there's the Sleek Contour Kit in Light for sculpting the face. Both products are not only a quick route from day to night, but could be doubled as eyeshadows if I felt like it. However, that might not be necessary as I think the MUA Undressed Palette will have me covered. It even has two eyebrow-friendly colours in there. Another product for quick drama is the Max Factor Colour Precision Eyeshadow in Pearl Beige - it's technically a cream eyeshadow but I prefer to use this as a cream highlighter.


I also packed my current mascara, the L'Oreal Double Extension Renewable Serum Mascara in Black. Having full, lengthened lashes is a great way to get away with minimal makeup, but for extra drama I also bought the Collection Lasting Colour Gel Liner in Black.

For lips I kept things simple - the Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me for quick colour, the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in 045 Romantic for daytime wear, and the Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 19 when I feel like having a full-on lipstick. The best thing is, all three of these products look great when worn together. Wearing the Baby Lips underneath and the Balm Stain on top is a hot-weather favourite for me. Anyway, I think having three lip products is pretty good considering I wanted to bring six originally. Tad excessive for a five day trip...

The rest of the kit:
Rimmel 60 Seconds Nail Polish in Princess Pink and 50 Shades of Pink
Makeup Bag: Primark

1 comment: