Wednesday, 14 May 2014

Hoiday Haul

 


...You might want to get a cup of tea before you read this. It's a long one.

While I was on holiday, I somehow lost control of my purse. For a while now I've been wanting to expand my collection of makeup brushes and tools, which was the main focus of this haul - of course, a few makeup bits somehow accidentally ended up in my basket but no one's perfect, right? I got a couple of things for my base as well as some eyeliner brushes. I've been getting into applying my foundation with sponges and was to try the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge, £5.99. My first impression is that this sponge feels a lot softer than the cheaper ones in my collection so hopefully blending in product will be less of an effort. I will report back.

I also picked up an EcoTools Bamboo Foundation Brush, £7.99. I already own a liquid foundation brush, but it's definitely the one that gets the most clogged up in the shortest space of time, so when I saw this I decided to get a spare. I love using this kind of brush to blend out liquid foundation after I've applied it with my hands. Then I got two eyeliner brushes for my new love of gel liner; the Real Techniques Silicone Liner Brush, £5.99, and the EcoTools Bamboo Flat Eyeliner Brush, £5.49. They're both quite different to anything I've owned previously, I'm interested in seeing which one I prefer. I think the Flat Brush will be great for when I'm just lining the outer corners (which is 99% of the time) and the Silicone Brush will come in handy if I ever get the hang of lining the entire lid while being super easy to clean.


Then I wanted to try a couple of new things for Spring. I was looking for a sheer lipstick, so I added the Seventeen Mirror Shine Lipstick in Belle, £4.79 to my basket. I've wanted to try this formula for a while and swatched a few different colours but felt that this one suited my skintone the most. The smell is a bit strong but the colour itself is nice, definitely a "My Lips But Better" staple. Purple mascara seems to be a really big thing for Spring too, but I just can't give up my black lashes, so I thought I could try being more adventourours with my eyeliner instead with the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Liners in Blue and Purple. As they're waterproof it'll be good for the humid days in the summer.

I also stocked up on a few things I'd used up, the L'Oreal False Lash Telescopic Mascara, £10.99; and the Boots Vitamin E Eye Cream, £2.54. I thought I'd lost my lipbalm and got a Chapstick in Strawberry, £1.05, which is nice enough on the lips but frankly tastes a bit odd.

Finally I went to the Bodyshop (this is the last one, I promise) and got the Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter, £12. I really didn't need another cleanser/makeup remover, but my skin always gets a bit drier when I'm away and I thought that a butter formula with camomile would help calm it down. I've been using it since I got back and while it isn't quite as soothing as I hoped it certainly removes makeup gently yet effectively, and doesn't irritate the eyes.

For those of you who made it to the end, well done! What have you been picking up from Boots and The Bodyshop recently?

I always read and reply to comments! Say hello!