Friday, 11 April 2014

The "I Definitely Didn't Go Shopping" Haul

 photo Haul14_zps886c20f0.jpg

If you're wondering where the title of this post came from, it's because my boyfriend texted me while I was in town asking what I was up to and my reply was "Well, I definitely didn't go shopping... again." He didn't believe me, obviously. Anyway I felt guilty for about ten minutes but I'm over that now. Let's have a look at what I got...

Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation in 010 Light Porcelain, £7.99
Previously, the only drugstore foundation that matched me was Rimmel Match Perfection in 010 Light Porcelain, so when I discovered that Rimmel have recently released their Lasting Finish foundation and BB cream in the same shade I knew I'd want to give them a whirl.

I've been meaning to try this formula/colour for a while now. It has a frosty finish, which I don't normally go for, but I think once I wear it a few times and get used to it I'll really like it.

I was thinking of Christina Hendricks when I bought this bright pink lipstick with coral undertones. I'll do a blog post with the different Kate Moss lipsticks in my collection as this is my third and I have a feeling I'll love it just as much as my other two. 

 photo IMG_5391_zpsa7a5d81b.jpg

Again, I was thinking of Christina Hendricks when I bought this. The brush it comes with is tiny so I may buy a seperate one at some point. I normally only do the outer third of my eyelid, but wanted to try gel liner for a more defined, longer-lasting look.

I saw a picture on Pinterest of someone who had dotted a similar-looking product underneath her brow, in the middle of her eyelid and on the inner corner and blended it out to highlight her eyes, and I thought "I'd quite like to try that!" ...so that's how this ended up in my basket.

This is a re-purchase. I only use this underneath my eyes, as it's quite pink and good for cancelling out the blue tones. It's probably too dark to use as a highlight on other areas of my face.

 photo IMG_5403_zps5f49a03f.jpg

I've always thought a BB Cream would be perfect for an everyday look but never found one that matched me. This particular one will be great for Spring because of the SPF and slightly sheerer coverage.

Rimmel 60 Seconds Nail Polish, in 50 Shades of Pink, Free with Rimmel purchases at Superdrug.
I've been hunting for a deep red-pink colour for a while now, and when I saw this one I knew I had to get it as the 60 Seconds is my favourite formula and it's limited edition.

I'm currently letting my henna gradually fade (with a little encouragement from colour-stripping shampoo), so this is just something to have on standby for when it's faded enough to add some golden blonde tones to it. I'm aware that it might not work even when the henna is faded, but for £1.49 I can live with that.

And that's everything. Ok, time to put my purse away now...


 




I always read and reply to comments! Say hello!