Thursday, 17 April 2014

Rimmel BB Cream in Very Light: Review

 photo 8bacf265-8e27-4725-a757-93eb7c82840b_zps802bb573.jpg

I picked up the Rimmel 9-in-1 BB Cream in Very Light in my recent Haul. I've always wanted to try a BB Cream as I normally mix a foundation with moisturiser to get the sheerer coverage I want, but I've never found a perfect match before now. I've tried it a few of times and here's what I think of it...

 photo beforeafter2_zps2bdda9bf.jpg
Before (left) and After (right)

First of all, the application is very different to my previous foundation, which was more of a moisturising/dewy finish that I could put on with my hands. This BB Cream is thicker, cakier and more difficult to work with. At first I tried dabbing blobs onto different areas of my face and blending them together but that didn't work as it dries too quickly. The best way I found to use it so far is to squeeze out a small amount of the BB Cream onto the back of your hand, dab a little bit onto a Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and buff it into small sections of the face at a time. Use the product very sparingly. And work fast!

As you can see in the photographs above, I have a big problem with redness like a lot of fair-skinned people, and this BB Cream did a wonderful job of evening everything out and making my face match my neck a lot better. I have a couple of spots on my chin at the moment, it covered over the smaller ones quite well though I still needed concealer on some bigger ones, which I would always expect.







The finished makeup. I even did a bit of contour. Check me out.

When first applied, it does cling to dry patches, but I've found that after a few hours when my natural oils have seeped through it seems to settle down a bit and all blend together nicely. If you have oily skin, I imagine it will look great straight away. If you have very dry skin, or are prone to eczema on your face or similar, I would avoid this. I would describe my skin as normal/dry or dry, and I would not use this product without a moisturiser and/or primer first, even though the whole point of BB Cream is that you don't have to do that. The SPF is a nice factor, but I use so little of the product that there's no way I'll be getting the full SPF25. I would still wear sunscreen underneath my makeup, especially in the upcoming warmer months.

Summary: Reasonably priced, excellent colour match, good coverage of redness, but you'll need to spend a bit of time buffing it in for a good result as it's quite difficult to work with.

I hope you found this review helpful! Are you thinking of getting this BB Cream?

2 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I've nominated you for The Liebster Award!
    Find out more on my page.
    http://alexidilorenzo.blogspot
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog, I've just nominated you or the Liebster Award! Check it out on my blog! http://bckysklly.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/the-liebster-award.html#more
    || Becks xo

    ReplyDelete