Tuesday, 22 April 2014

My Makeup Staples: The Eyes


The eyes are my favourite part of my makeup routine. My eyebrows and eyelashes are pale to the point of invisibility, so enhancing them is essential. These are my most reliable eye products...

I've re-purchased this quite a few times now - it's ridiculously inexpensive but lasts for months. Other pencils were very soft and didn't last too long as I was constantly having to sharpen them (looking at you, Maybelline Master Brow). This one is the perfect shade and even had a little brush on the end so that you can soften the lines.

Finding a drugstore eye primer is a surprisingly difficult task, but this one is super cheap and does a great job.  I like to use one even if I'm not wearing eyeshadow as they even out the redness on my eyelids and brighten everything up.

...Or, to be honest, any eyelash curler. This just happens to be the one I have at the moment. I have a Superdrug own brand one that cost a whopping £2 that I keep at my boyfriend's house which I like just as much. Maybe when I write my makeup staples for 2015 I'll have found a groundbreaking eyelash curler, but at this present time I've only found one's that are alright and ones that I don't like. But I have to have one. At all times.

You can't go wrong with a three-colour neutral palette. This one gives subtle but pretty results. I tend to use the highlight shade all over, then some of the light brown in the outer corner and the darker brown on the crease. Or if I want to make my eyes look bright and awake, I'll just use the highlight shade all over.

I tend not to spend a fortune on eye pencils as I find most of them do a similar job and can easily be chucked in a makeup bag for touchups on the go. Although I've got into gel liners recently, whenever I'm in a hurry (which is far more likely) I'll always opt for a brown eye pencil in the outer corners. Perfect for an everyday look. Did I mention it's only £1?

 I use this on my waterline to make my eyes look bigger and more awake. I haven't had to repurchase this yet as it's just lasted so long. No idea how that's happened, but I'm certainly not complaining. Note: Those less pale than me might want to try a nude colour instead of a white.

This is my favourite mascara, ever. I don't splash out on a lot of makeup items, and at £10.99 this is definitely one of the more expensive things I own, but my eyelashes are short and thin and desperately need the help. I might still be hunting for something cheaper than does the job, but this will always have a special place in my makeup bag.

What are your makeup staples?



I always read and reply to comments! Say hello!