Tuesday, 15 April 2014

My Makeup Staples: The Base

 

As much as I love trying out new products, there are always going to be some staple items in my makeup routine. When I started writing this, I realised I had so many I was going to have to split it into different posts: the base, the eyes, the lips, and the nails. Today, we're covering the base. Let's get started...

Over the last four months or so, I've gone from never wearing foundation to rarely going without it. My base is now the most important part of my routine and the bit I spend the most time on. My aim is to even my skin out and correct redness, brighten up the under-eye area and cover spots, but to do so without it looking overly obvious that I'm wearing makeup.

On an everyday basis, I tend to mix this with moisturiser on the back of my hands and make a tinted moisturiser, then apply it with my hands. I then like to layer it on the red areas of my cheeks using a liquid foundation brush. This method gives me more coverage where I need it, but overall looks undetectable.

I like to use this from below my eyes to my cheekbones in a triangle shape, concealing my under eye circles and highlighting my cheekbones in one step, and dabbing it in with my finger. Sometimes I'll add a bit of this below my eyebrows, too, and anywhere else I fancy highlighting.

I apply this on spots with a concealer brush, and then pat it in with my finger. If I haven't slept well and I have some serious under-eye circles, I'll use this under the eyes instead of the Lumi Magique.

Once all my liquid product is applied, I like to spritz this on my face and carefully make sure everything's blended in with the liquid foundation brush.

My final step for my base is to apply powder. When applying foundation mixed with moisturiser, this step helps preventing my skin from looking too dewy and ensures everything stays in place during the day.

Honorable mention: NYX Blush in Taupe
Even though I don't contour on an everyday basis as frankly it's not something I've mastered yet, this is my failsafe option if I want to do so. It's just the right pigmentation so it doesn't make me look like a clown.

...And that's my base done. Stay tuned for my eye makeup staples!

1 comment:

  1. Love the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer. My favourite concealer! <3

    beckyisobel.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete